Who We Are
Student Services Staff:
Grades 9 & 10
Counsellor: Ms. V. Brandham
Success Coach: Ms. J. Bodnar
Inclusion Coach: Mrs. S. Graham
VP Admin: Mr. J. Meyers
Grades 11 & 12
Counsellors: Mrs. S. Klein
Success Coach: Mrs. J. Dalton
Inclusion Coach: Mrs. S. Graham
VP Admin: Mr. S. Willmott
Student Services can be contacted during regular school hours by calling WCHS at (780) 352-2295.
Check out our e-teachers pages for additional information!
Counselling Services @WCHS
Here are some of the things that we can help with....
Stress, Depression, Self-Esteem, Grief & Loss, Anxiety, Crisis, Course Selection, Graduation Requirements, Post-Secondary Information
If you or someone you care about is dealing with something not listed above, we can still help. Please contact your counsellor.
Office Hours (Student Services)
Monday - Friday (School Days Only)
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Student Services Overview
We are here to make your time at WCHS as productive as possible. In order to do this, we have individual counsellors for grade 9, 10, 11 and grade 12.
If you have questions about your classes or your grades, we can answer them. If you have questions about what you are going to do when you finish high school, we can answer them. If you have questions about personal issues, we can answer them. If we can't answer them, we can direct you to someone who can.
What does a School Counsellor do?
* We work on behalf of students and their families, to support staff in developing school programs that facilitate the educational process and offer the opportunity for success for each student.
* We provide services to all students in the areas of individual, group, develpmental, career, personal and crisis counselling.
* We deliver personal counselling servcies to individual students and groups
* We provide crisis intervention and follow-up support/referral in the areas of suicide, abuse and bereavement
* We refer students and their families to community aganecies and other professionals
Referrals: How do you access the counsellors?
* Self Referral: students can request an appointment with their grade level counsellor. Parents or guardians may also contact the counsellor to request services for their student.
* School Staff: Grade Advisors will encourage studetns to seek support from the counsellors. As well, other teachers and staff may contact the counsellor if they have concerns for a student's welfare
Come on down to the Student Services area (near the main office) and make an appointment, or, if you are in a hurry, just drop in. Parents are also welcome to take advantage of this offer. We would, however, recommend an appointment for parents to ensure that the counsellor is available.
Information that you or your family member disclose or share with the counsellor will be treated as confidential and will only be shared with others with your permission. there are circumstances where the counsellor is legally required to share information. Some examples are: if you are a harm to yourself or others or if someone is harming you. Consult your counsellor for details on the limitations of confidentiality.
LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER (LST)
Supports our teachers in develping appropriate supports for students who have been identified as having additional educational needs. The evaluation of what those supports should look like and communication of the supports to staff is done through the development of Individual Program Plans (IPP). These plans are developed in conjuction with the teacher, grade counsellor and the LST. Our LST also facilitates exam accommodations and coordinates Educational & Psychological Assessment. If you have questions or concerns about an IPP, the LST is your primary contact.